We are hiring for a full time position.
This position reports to Executive Director and Camp Administrator.
Cedar Lake Camp located in Livingston, TN, currently seeks a marketing coordinator who can work with the Executive Director and other leadership to fulfill the mission of Cedar Lake Camp: the lost coming to Christ and the redeemed knowing Him better. Cedar Lake is a year round camp and retreat center located in the Cumberland Mountain foothills in middle Tennessee. The facility has served thousands of guests and campers in its 80 year history. Cedar Lake is widely known for its week-long overnight and day camp summer camps as well as Spring and Fall break day camps. Additionally, many organizations rent this space throughout the year to gather their groups for retreats, field trips,rest, and team-building. The camp has experienced significant growth in the summer camp program for the last three years. The staff and board of directors possess a strong desire for continued growth in this component while expanding retreat offerings and internal programming. This role will play a critical part in fulfilling that desire and emphasis.
The mission of Cedar Lake Camp and Children’s Gospel Hour is to reach children with the gospel of Jesus Christ in order to lead them into a relationship with Him while nurturing and discipling a staff of young people into a lifestyle of ministry. This vision will be achieved through a variety of camps and retreats, with the core of the ministry being found in the summer camp program (May-July).
What you bring:
- A commitment to Scripture and the inerrancy of the Bible in all ministries of Cedar Lake Camp and Children’s Gospel Hour
- Be in agreement with the doctrinal statement of Cedar Lake Camp
- A commitment to Christ and His work
- You are active in a Bible-believing church and in your personal relationship with the Lord
- You exhibit Christian love and attitude with all staff and guests of the camp
- A passion for children and sharing the Gospel with all ages
- The ability to learn and apply new strategies, applications, and media for the growth of the organization
You will contribute by:
- Working with full-time and seasonal staff to accomplish the mission of camp.
- Committing to pray for the mission, effectiveness, and efficiency of camp.
- Managing all marketing responsibilities (communication and budget) for CLC.
- Areas of marketing currently include:
- Print Media
- Social Media (scheduling, metrics, etc)
- Helping launch and create interaction with our new “My Camp App”
- Collaborating with our website developer to keep the material on the website fresh and current; upload and contribute to blog content and announcements
- Taking pictures and documenting events (including all camps)
- Creating, marketing and managing camp gear to be sold in Snack Shack (camp store) and possibly online
- Creating, collecting and summarizing surveys from summer staff, campers, and parents to better understand why they chose Cedar Lake Camp and to gather insight into their experiences
- Following up with donors and camper families with an expression of gratitude including but not limited to cards, phone calls and newsletters
- Helping our Camp Administrator with inquiries about retreats, camps, and the capital campaign project
- Assisting with the annual vision dinner fundraiser as well as other events that come up throughout the year
- Contributing your own ideas/thoughts/projects to be considered by the senior staff and board members!
- Understanding that the nature of the work will mean joining in the tasks at hand. There will be duties, unassigned and not listed, which will require your assistance. We just want you to know that “all-hands-on-deck” moments exist where your help will be needed.
Requirements and Experience
- Must be skilled and knowledgeable in a wide variety of marketing platforms and strategies with a focus on social media engagement.
- Ambitious about promoting the brand and message of Cedar Lake Camp.
- Our desire is for this to be a full-time position (40/hrs/wk; 50 wks/yr) but NOT a traditional 9-5 M-F schedule; during summer months you may be required to adjust hours to some nights and weekends.
- Ideally you will live or be willing to relocate to within 30 minutes of Cedar Lake Camp; hybrid working conditions can be considered.
- To be determined
Please submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations, to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 931-823-5656 for more information.